Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Program
The purpose of the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Program is to fund transportation projects or programs that will contribute to attainment of maintenance of national ambient air quality standards (NAAQS). Funding can be expended on projects to reduce ozone precursor emissions, (including nitrogen oxides (NOx) and volatile organic compounds (VOC)), carbon monoxide (CO), and particulate matter (PM) emissions or PM precursor emissions from transportation. This program will also assist in meeting the intent of SB 375, also known as the Sustainable Communities Protection Act of 2008. The Madera County Transportation Commission, acting in its role as a Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), programs CMAQ funds for the Madera Region.
CMAQ Call for Projects
The Madera County Transportation is accepting CMAQ Applications from eligible entities. Application materials and program resources may be found below. Applications are not being accepted at this time.
CMAQ Call for Projects Schedule/Deadlines
- October 16, 2015 – Release of CMAQ Call for Projects (CLOSED)
- December 17, 2015 – CMAQ Grant Project Submittals Due (CLOSED)
- February 18, 2016 – CMAQ Lifeline Project Submittals Due (Member Agencies Only) (CLOSED)
CMAQ Application Materials
- 2016 CMAQ Call for Projects Application Packet Complete CMAQ Call for Projects Application Packet
Emission Reduction Calculations
- Generic Methods Program Microsoft Access File (Note: To download file, please select save as) Please use the updated emission factors for your CMAQ calculations. All calculations must be submitted utilizing this program.
- CMAQ PM-Only Calculation Worksheet (MS Excel Format) Please use for CMAQ PM-only road projects, including: Paving Unpaved Roads, Shoulder Paving/Stabilization
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
California Air Resources Board (ARB)
- California Air Resources Board Cost-Effectiveness Analysis Tools
California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)