2014 Regional Transportation Plan and Sustainable Communities Strategy (RTP & SCS) Amendment #1
The Madera County Transportation Commission (MCTC) has prepared an amendment (Amendment #1) to the 2014 Regional Transportation Plan and Sustainable Communities Strategy (2014 RTP/SCS). The 2014 RTP/SCS, adopted on July 24, 2014 by MCTC, included Chapter 6, the Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS), which details how the Madera County region will reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to state-mandated levels over time. The inclusion of the SCS is required by Senate Bill 375, and stresses the importance of meeting GHG per capita mission reduction targets set by the California Air Resources Board.
The Amendment will be open for public review between March 23, 2017 and May 16, 2017. MCTC will host a public hearing on the draft at the April 19, 2017 MCTC Policy Board Meeting at 3:00PM at the MCTC offices. The Amendment is scheduled to be adopted at the May 17, 2017 MCTC Policy Board Meeting.
Your Madera 2040 – Final and Draft RTP/SCS and PEIR Documents
Madera County Transportation Commission (MCTC) is required to update the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) to reflect the existing and future regional transportation system in Madera County. The 2014 Update reflects the horizon or “planning” year of 2040, ensuring that the region’s transportation system and implementation policies/programs will safely and efficiently accommodate growth envisioned in the Land Use Elements of the Cities of Chowchilla and Madera and Madera County, in the RTP and in the Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS). As the Regional Transportation Planning Agency (RTPA) and Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for Madera County, MCTC is responsible for development of the RTP and the SCS (reference Chapter 6 – “Creating a Sustainable Future” of the 2014 RTP and SCS).
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) requires that a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) be prepared and distributed for review by regulatory and other affected agencies and persons, prior to preparation of the Final EIR. The Draft EIR provides the opportunity for comments on the proposed project and the Draft EIR. Once comments are received following the review period, comments will be considered and responses will be incorporated in the Final EIR to address any changes or additions necessary to clarify and/or supplement the information contained in the document. This Draft Program EIR (PEIR), therefore, represents the culmination of all environmentally related issues raised during review of the Notice of Preparation (NOP) (reference Appendix A) and during development of the Madera County Transportation Commission (MCTC) 2014 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) and Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS).
- MCTC 2014 Draft Regional Transportation Plan and Sustainable Communities Strategy - 18mb
- MCTC 2014 RTP/SCS Draft Program Environmental Impact Report - 38mb
- MCTC 2014 RTP/SCS Notice of Availability of Draft Program Environmental Impact Report Letter
- MCTC 2014 Final RTP SCS and PEIR Presentation
- Federal Approval Letter for 2014 RTP Conformity Determination
Your Madera 2040 – Public Outreach
- MCTC 2014 RTP SCS Series 1 Workshop Synopsis
- 2014 RTP/SCS Roundtable Invitation
- 2014 RTP/SCS Roundtable Meeting 2 Agenda
- 2014 RTP/SCS Roundtable 2 Presentation
- 2014 RTP/SCS Roundtable 1 Presentation
- 2014 RTP/SCS Workshop Series 1 Announcement
- 2014 RTP/SCS Workshop Series 1 Announcement in Spanish
- 2014 RTP/SCS Workshop Series 1 Presentation
- 2014 RTP/SCS Workshop Polling Questions
- 2014 RTP/SCS Workshop Mapping Exercise
- Taller en Español – Spanish Language 2014 RTP/SCS Workshop Invite
- Spanish 2014 RTP/SCS Workshop Mapping Exercise
- 2014 RTP/SCS Tu Madera 2040 Spanish Presentation
2014 RTP/SCS Valley Visions Video in English
2014 RTP/SCS Valley Visions Video in Hmong
2014 RTP/SCS Valley Visions Video in Spanish